Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community and country have been through a lot over the last few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and your oral health.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our strict infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both as safe and as comfortable as possible.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Maine Dental Association (MDA). We continue to closely monitor the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes have been made to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- Upon arrival, please wait in your car and text 207-739-8801 or call 207-767-3211 to let us know you are here. At this time we are trying to decrease the number of patients in our waiting area at any given time.
- Once you enter the office, please wear a mask. If you need a mask, the front desk would be happy to offer you one.
- Hand sanitizer is located right inside the entrance. Please sanitize your hands upon entry. There is additional sanitizer in the reception area and in each treatment room for you to use as needed.
- Please complete our COVID QUESTIONNAIRE before your appointment. We will also follow up and ask those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Your temperature will be taken once you have arrived.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce aerosols in treatment areas and waiting times for you.
- New clinical attire. You will notice that we are wearing more protective equipment than before, including face shields and gowns.
- Staff also completes daily COVID screenings and temperature checks
- New air filtration equipment to improve air quality and mitigate aerosolized particles is in each treatment room and the common areas.
Furthermore, to ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has any of the following symptoms:
- acute cough
- shortness of breath
- fever or chills
- flu-like symptoms (fatigue, muscle aches, sore throat, congestion, runny nose)
- loss of taste or smell
- nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- been exposed to anyone in the last 14days who has tested positive to COVID-19
In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus or if you or a family member has been exposed to COVID-19.
Thank you so much for your consideration and helping us protect our patients and staff members. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: