Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our strict infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both as safe and as comfortable as possible. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Maine Dental Association (MDA). We continue to closely monitor the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
When it’s time for your next appointment you may notice some changes along with our already strict infection control protocols. For example:
- We now offer a larger waiting area, with multiple options to safely social distance, including an outdoor waiting area.
- We request that you arrive at your appointment alone if possible to help decrease the number of patients or family members in our waiting areas.
- Once you enter the office, please wear a mask. If you need a mask, the front desk would be happy to offer you one.
- Hand sanitizer is located inside each entrance. Please sanitize your hands upon entry. There is additional sanitizer in the reception area and in each treatment room for you to use as needed.
- Please complete our COVID Questionnaire before your appointment. We will also follow up and ask those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Your temperature may be taken once you have arrived.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce aerosols in treatment areas and waiting times for you.
- New clinical attire. You will notice that we are wearing more protective equipment than before, including face shields, surgical caps, and gowns
- Staff completes daily COVID screenings and temperature checks
- We installed a new HVAC system which includes
- Separate air systems for the clinical and non-clinical areas
- Air cleaning which combines two different particle capture technologies, including multiple true HEPA filters capturing 99.7% of health-threatening particles down to 0.3 microns
- Germicidal and activated oxygen UV air purifiers
- Multiple air ventilation systems that constantly provides fresh air into the building while exhausting interior air
Furthermore, to ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has any of the following symptoms:
- acute cough
- shortness of breath
- fever (greater than 100 degrees) or chills
- flu-like symptoms (fatigue, muscle aches, sore throat, congestion, runny nose)
- loss of taste or smell
- nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- been exposed to anyone in the last 14days who has tested positive for COVID-19
In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any state not on the State of Maine travel exempt list in the past 14 days or if you or a family member has been exposed to COVID-19.
Thank you so much for your consideration and for helping us protect our patients and staff members. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019ncov/about/prevention.html
- View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick:
- View the Steps