Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Homicz and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Homicz and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Extensive personal protective equipment (PPE) measures
- Disinfectant hand soap & sanitizers
- Latex-Free Gloves and face masks
- Hospital-grade disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials when available
- Hospital-grade filtration systems throughout the building
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat, and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.